Maritime Cultural Resource Specialist
- Requisition ID:
- Job Location(s):
- Albany, NY Lancaster, NY New York, NY Pittsburgh, PA Arlington, VA Chicago, IL Virginia Beach, VA Tallahassee, FL Pensacola, FL Houston, TX
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an on-call Maritime Cultural Resource Specialist for one of our offices on the Great Lakes or along the Eastern US or Gulf Coast. This position will be responsible for assisting with consultation and compliance projects to support a variety of public and private clients. Our successful candidate must have an excellent understanding of the National Historic Preservation Act (including Section 106 [its implementing regulations] and Section 110), the National Environmental Policy Act, and other federal cultural resources legislation, as well as guidance related to underwater resources. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience serving as a Principal Investigator for underwater archaeological projects.
- Providing cultural resource compliance support for a wide range of private and public clients
- Providing support for preparation of the cultural resources components of environmental permits, documents, and reports including writing, drafting, editing, and revising
- Assisting with archaeological (terrestrial and underwater) aspects of environmental impact analysis, feasibility and due diligence studies
- Applying knowledge of cultural resource management principles to research, data collection and compilation, and evaluation
- Providing oversight services to clients for cultural resources subcontractors
- Providing expertise on agency, tribal, and public outreach for cultural resources
- Supporting project managers/directors and business development efforts
- Master’s Degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in underwater archaeology
- RPA preferred
- Experience as the Principal Investigator including coordinating cultural resources field investigations with federal and state compliance and underwater cultural resource management projects
- Secretary of Interior Qualified and demonstrated qualifications for underwater work (e.g., degree, certification, or training program)
- Preferred experience includes coordinating projects involving Section 106 and NEPA and numerous consulting parties (ACHP, SHPO, and tribes); permitting; and processing subsea geophysical data (e.g., side-scan sonar, magnetometer, sub-bottom profiler)
- Excellent verbal communication, technical writing, and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.