Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Specialist for our dedicated contract office in Tallahassee, Florida. This position will be responsible for overseeing contamination assessment and remediation projects for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) Petroleum Restoration Program. Our successful candidate will have experience with project management, site contamination assessment and site remediation.
- Project management including financial, technical and performance monitoring for work conducted under FDEP contracts
- Prioritize work and coordinate with contractors and project professionals to achieve client’s objectives
- Prepare and review site specific scopes of work, and detailed cost estimates for site contamination assessment or remediation. Evaluate subcontractor quotes for drilling, laboratory, disposal and other professional services
- Review and approve purchase requisitions for procurement of contaminated site cleanup services via My Florida Market Place
- Review technical reports and analyze data, maps, and summary tables to verify investigation data and progress of site assessment, natural attenuation monitoring or site remediation
- Prepare deliverable acceptance letters approving payment and prepare comment letters identifying corrective actions for work performed under FDEP contracts
- Communicate with property owners, consultants and contractors at regular intervals for status updates and problem resolution
- Enter data and track deliverables, invoices and project status to meet established performance metrics for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical/Natural Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in environmental protection, consulting or related field.
- Experience managing environmental projects
- Experience/knowledge related to site contamination assessment or remediation; experience with the FDEP Petroleum Restoration Program is a plus
- Ability to understand and interpret site contamination data
- Excellent time management and organizational skills including the ability to effectively prioritize and manage a diverse and complicated work load
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to work as part of a team and effectively communicate with technical staff and stakeholders including contractors, regulatory agency staff and property owners
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to utilize databases and applications to effectively manage project information, conduct site research and complete tasks. Familiarity with FDEP applications (Oculus and STCM) is a plus
- Ability to travel locally to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.