Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking on-call Environmental Specialists in the Tampa, Florida region (reporting to our West Palm Beach office.) These positions will be responsible for providing ecological services for environmental projects primarily in west central and southwest Florida. Our successful candidates will have experience with any or all of the following: environmental permitting; environmental mitigation and restoration; environmental (biological, ecological and/or water quality) monitoring; and environmental land management.
Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
- Prepare permit applications and obtain the necessary environmental and other required local, state, and federal permits
- Perform biological studies including threatened and endangered species, wildlife, and vegetation surveys
- Conduct environmental mitigation and restoration including wetland delineations, mitigation site evaluation, and restoration planning
- Design, implementation, and evaluation of ecological and hydrological monitoring programs
- Oversee or conduct exotic species treatment and removal, control burns, fence and gate maintenance, erosion repair, and other land management related tasks
- Conduct water quality monitoring in riverine and estuarine systems including statistical analysis and modeling; evaluate TMDLs and environmental flow; assess water quality standards and watershed changes
- Provide peer review of technical deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or related discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of environmental fieldwork experience including working knowledge of Florida’s west coast (Tampa region) ecology and botany
- Experience with environmental permitting, environmental mitigation and monitoring, wetland delineations, wildlife surveys, and freshwater and estuarine systems
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide technical support on an as-needed basis in the Tampa Bay region
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.