Ecology and Environment, Inc. (E & E) is seeking Professional Engineers (P.E.s) to support our dedicated contract office in Tallahassee, FL. These positions will be embedded at the Florida Department Environmental Protection and will support the Petroleum Restoration Program. The positions will be responsible for providing engineering and technical assistance for the remediation of Petroleum contaminated sites.
Our successful candidate will be a Florida P.E. with experience in contaminated site remediation. Experience with the FDEP Petroleum Restoration Program is a plus.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the Florida Department Environmental of Protection rules and guidelines for petroleum contamination site cleanup, including Chapters 62-780 and 62-777 of the Florida Administrative Code
- Serve as team P.E. for technical decisions regarding remediation of contaminated sites
- Review Remedial Action Plans and related design documents and provide professional certification as needed.
- Review technical reports submitted by consultants for site remediation
- Prepare technical comment letters and lead project discussions with project managers and contractors
- Review and prepare scope of work documents for remediation of petroleum contamination
- Negotiate costs and scope of work for site remediation
- Monitor progress of site rehabilitation; make recommendations for corrective action and cost efficiencies
- Consult and coordinate with other engineering staff on technical decisions and use of innovative technologies for site remediation
- Perform site visits and field investigations as needed
- Plan and perform technical work requiring judgment and independent evaluation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or a related discipline
- Licensed Florida P.E. with 7 or more years of related experience
- Experience with site remediation design principles and concepts including groundwater recovery and in-situ remediation
- Experience with the FDEP Petroleum Restoration Program and/or innovative site remediation technologies is a plus
- Experience with evaluating costs for site remediation
- Strong analytical data interpretation skills
- Ability to review and prepare technical documents
- Ability to organize and prioritize a complicated work load to meet required deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interface with co-workers, consultants and regulatory staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E&E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.