Ecology and Environment, Inc. (E & E) is seeking a temporary part-time Word Processor in our Bids and Proposals Group at our corporate office in Lancaster, NY. This position will be responsible for data entry and information processing utilizing in-house standard templates/styles, computers, typewriters, copiers and scanners. Our successful candidate will have word processing experience and be skilled in the use of MS Word tools. This position is approximately 24 hours/week for three to six months.
A cover letter is required with your resume – please submit cover letter and resume as one document.
- Collaborate with proposal teams (including proposal coordinators, graphic artists, and technical staff) to format and produce proposals from kickoff to shipment
- Word processing, data input, typing, and production of scientific and marketing documents in Word and Excel efficiently to ensure aesthetic appeal
- Format documents including adjusting spacing; standardizing headings, margins and indentations; typing text, charts, tables, and forms; ensuring correct pagination; inserting figures and photographs; and electronically sorting and compiling text
- Maintain appearance of general boilerplate information to ensure it is user-friendly and print-ready
- Confer with proposal coordinators on final product and prepare shipping labels
- 3+ years of word processing and production experience in a professional office environment; experience in environmental consulting preferred
- High-level of proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and MS 2010 Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook; familiarity with SharePoint preferred
- Strong skills related to formatting proposals and other technical documents including copying, pasting, and rearranging text from various resources
- Excellent typing, spelling, grammar, technical proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent verbal and interpersonal communication, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple concurrent projects, and work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and be flexible with work hours
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred. (A cover letter is required with your resume – please submit cover letter and resume as one document.)
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.