Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Chief Financial Officer. As a key member of the senior leadership team, the CFO will have a leadership role in the financial decision-making that affects the company, and will provide strategic financial input to senior management. The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions and practices of the corporation for improving and maintaining the financial health of the firm, and will do so in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and advisory organizations. Our successful candidate will be a hands-on and process-focused financial executive with the experience that combines sound leadership with proven business effectiveness. This position will be based out of E & E's Corporate Headquarters in Lancaster, NY. Other central and eastern U.S. regional offices will be considered for the right candidate.
- Direct and coordinate the company’s financial affairs according to financial principles and government regulations.
- Advise the CEO and management team on long-term planning, new programs / strategies, contracts, financial regulatory actions, evaluation of potential acquisitions, and compliance with all legal and regulatory accounting and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for managing financial risk, including the implementation and enforcement of internal control systems within the company.
- Direct receipt, disbursement, and expenditures of money or capital assets.
- Oversee finance group efforts with providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, income, earnings, expenses, and financial trends in order to assist the CEO, the Board of Directors, and other executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate financial and tax strategies to enhance the company’s cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Demonstrate active and effective leadership for the accounting and finance division of the company and subsidiaries by focusing on continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group, as well as providing individuals with coaching, guidance, and professional and personal growth opportunities where possible.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline; MBA, CPA or CMA preferred.
- 15+ years of related experience in a senior-level corporate financial leadership role.
- Experience in a consulting or professional services organization preferred, with a working knowledge of government contracting and commercial clients.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a pressure environment.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, clients, and other departments.
- Excellent negotiating skills and experience.
- Demonstrated analytical ability, good judgment and a strong operational focus.
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to quickly adapt to change.
- Ability to travel to support business needs.
E & E is its people. We are a knowledge based culture with an integrated staff of more than 85 scientific and engineering disciplines – a group of innovators who pave the way in implementing environmental solutions. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories