Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an experienced Environmental Scientist/Project Manager in our Baton Rouge office. This position is responsible for managing a variety of environmental and energy projects. Our successful candidate must have a good understanding of the FERC process including experience managing pipeline and/or transmission projects.
Manage a variety of environmental and energy projects including onshore and offshore LNG and pipeline projects
- Write and review permit applications and documents including EISs, EAs, and ERs in support of FERC and NEPA regulated projects
- Coordinate and consult with Federal and State Agencies
- Oversee staff performing environmental studies including wetlands delineations, cultural resource assessments, and T&E surveys
- Oversee environmental regulatory compliance evaluations
- Engage in public involvement/community outreach efforts
- Generate leads, assess new markets, and develop new business opportunities through established contacts and networking
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Environmental Science, Planning, or a related discipline
- 10+ years of experience managing environmental or energy projects
- Experience with FERC EAs/EIRs, NEPA analysis, and project permitting; experience with State of Louisiana permitting and federal permitting process for offshore energy and oil and gas projects a plus
- Existing relationship with the New Orleans District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and State of Louisiana Agencies strongly preferred
- Experience with public outreach and agency consultation; environmental consulting experience preferred
- Knowledge of major federal statutes and implementing regulations, including CWA, ESA, NHPA, etc.
- Excellent project management, leadership, technical writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a pressure environment
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, disciplines, and experts including senior management, clients, and other departments
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.