Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking experienced, professional, results-driven Senior Business Development Leaders. These positions, as part of a collaborative team, will be empowered to develop and lead corporate-related business development initiatives to expand and diversify the company’s environmental consulting client base. The ideal candidate(s) must have proven experience in the environmental consulting industry, possess a strategic and entrepreneurial competency, value the flexibility and autonomy inherent within smaller companies, and be able to work collaboratively within a knowledge-based culture. This is a national position that can work from any of the company’s domestic regions.
- Shape and lead business strategy and tactical plans for new or emergent markets to increase share of market and financial profitability.
- Demonstrate a progressive and entrepreneurial approach regarding growth initiatives, routinely advancing innovative business development strategies to achieve short and long-term business goals.
- Develop major client relationships and generate business opportunities through their existing professional network, previous client impact, and subject matter expertise.
- Ability to work fluently in a knowledge-transfer environment, interacting with technical operations and proposal teams to ensure client needs are represented and met.
- Maintain a high profile externally through membership and active participation in A/E/C industry functions, speaking opportunities at relevant conferences, and networking with industry leaders.
- Mentor staff to develop a deep expertise in a vertical market and technical discipline to support business development growth objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning, or related discipline.
- 10+ years of proven environmental consulting business development experience, successfully generating new clients and project work.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and growing an annual book of business of $1M - $5M with commercial clients, government agencies, innovative technology, restoration, transportation infrastructure, electric, transmission, oil and gas, renewable energy, and/or similar markets.
- Strong marketing focus and business acumen with a high attention to detail and follow-up.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with clients including: energy project developers, commercial businesses, utilities, investors, and other organizations.
- Ability to travel to support business needs.
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line for Req #R-00479.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.